Know the little things that make you happy and consciously appreciate them in the present moment. This helps you perceive more joy and fulfillment in your life.
There are little things that we can actively and regularly do to bring more joy into our life. Other little things may depend on someone else or on circumstances.
Nevertheless, I encourage you to compile a list of the little things that make you happy. Then consciously multiply their occurrence in your daily life.
Meanwhile I will share my list of 50 with you and I hope that it inspires you to find happiness in little things.
Little Things I appreciate That Bring Joy
1. Inspire – Expire. Breathe deeply
2. Smile for no reason, and keep the smile as long as possible
3. Drink a glass of water slowly
4. Admire a sunrise or sunset
5. Accomplish something – it doesn’t matter how small or how big
6. Have a healthy and delicious breakfast to start the day
7. Take beautiful pictures and share them
8. Take a shower or a bath, get dressed to go out and enjoy the process
9. Smile to a stranger or start the conversation
10. Smell a flower and admire its beauty
11. Enjoy a delicious meal – maybe your favorite
12. Get in touch with someone you love after a long time apart
13. Give water to a plant
14. Count the blessings (gratitude) especially when you don’t feel like it
15. Walk in nature and pay attention to the beauty around you
16. Exercise. my exercise routine is about 15 min, 6 days a week. Sunday is rest day 🙂
17. Practice mindfulness
18. Pray and meditate for someone else, may be for a loved one or for someone who needs prayers
19. Surprise someone with a little gift
20. Give someone a compliment
21. Get some rest
22. Meditate: even just for 2 minutes
23. Paint and relax into the painting process
24. Admire the result of the painting process. A beautiful painting
25. Drink a healthy green smoothie or a green juice
My Favorite Little Things That Bring Me Joy
26. Good phone call with someone I love and trust
27. Play sudoku
28. Go on a date
29. Get a compliment or give a compliment
30. Receive flowers
31. A stranger’s smile
32. Have an inspiring idea or have insight
34. Occasionally enhance my beauty with some make up or do my hair
36. Send someone a kind message(sms, email, whatsapp message, …)
37. Feel great in my bare skin
38. Read an inspiring book
39. Find something new, inspiring and interesting online
40. Get readers for my blog nurturebodyandsoul.com
Find Happiness in Little Things As a Parent of a Young Baby
41. Look into the eyes of a happy smiling baby
42. Sing to our baby
43. Get baby to sleep after he has been fussy
44. Give our baby a Bath
45. See baby reached a new milestone in his development
46. Teach our baby something
47. Feed baby peacefully
48. Play and enjoy moments as a family
49. See that our baby has his first tooth 😀
50. Crazy laughter with our baby, for no real reason
Now I would love to hear from you: What are the little things that make you happy? Share in the comments and share with someone who’ll appreciate this.
Remember to multiply the occurrence of those little things, whenever possible on a daily basis.
You like this content? Share it and Subscribe for updates!